Facebook sent me a Facebook Page Admin survey that included an open-ended comment section at the end. What would be on your list of requests as a Facebook administrator for a church page? Off the top of my head, here’s how I replied.
- Better incorporation of my organization’s existing Google Analytics account
- Choice of URL shorteners and tracking
- Option to schedule future posts within the main Facebook interface
- More options for applying formatting to text in a wall post
- A preview screen that shows how many lines will appear before it’s cut off by “more…” once a wall post is published.
- Allow Youtube videos to be embedded without being surrounded by scroll bars (yes, Facebook, I know you’re encouraging us to upload our church videos directly to Facebook video, but c’mon. YouTube remains the industry standard for video embedding, for now at least, and should be accommodated.)
- When a post includes multiple links make it easier to pick which one shows up in the blurb rather than defaulting to the first one.
- When an event is posted to the wall, provide the option to include the existing photo of the event and more details. The previous version allowed this. The current one-line description on the wall doesn’t make it clear which link is for the event and does not help with engagement at all.
Along the way, I noticed along the way that Facebook uses Intellisurvey for soliciting feedback.
Those are some Facebook Page improvements I’d like to see administrators have. Did you receive a survey? What are you clamoring for from Facebook?