Think you can’t measure ROI for your non profit or church site? Here are seven measurements from usability guru Jakob Nielsen’s discussion of the ROI for non profit and government sites.
- Double your conversion rate for subscribing to your email newsletters
- Decrease phone calls for routine information, freeing up staff or volunteers for more meaningful tasks
- Recruit volunteers more effectively and in less time
- Help the environment by moving registration activiites online rather than through the mail or via paper forms
- Retain more volunteers longerer by removing processes that sap their patience
- Decrease abandonment rate for donor/volunteers who don’t feel your charity is trustworthy
- Improve your success rate for the registration and checkout process for online donations
Even if your information is “just” informational, Nielsen argues it’s there for a reason so it’s worth designing your site right. So, which of these would sway your boss, board or council to give you a few bucks for usability testing?