Lee Odden’s Online Marketing Blog wrapped up a reader poll of their favorite keyword research tools. Here are the free ones for SEO since most of us church webmasters aren’t working with much of a budget. See the full list if you can pony up for a paid tool or for PPC.
- Wordtracker – Ongoing free trial is available where you can get a reduced list of keywords emailed to you.
- Digital Point – Provides data from Worktracker and Overture, though the latter is no longer updating its data. While you’re there, check out the terrific keyword position tracking tool.
- SEODigger – What’s that church up the road ranking for? Find out.
- SEO Book Keyword Tool – One of many cool tools on this site.
- Trellian Keyword Discovery – Get a free taste of their premium product.
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool – Built for PPC, but works for organic search brainstorming.
- Good Keywords – You’ll need to download this one to your desktop, but I haven’t been nagged by them.
- Google Suggest Scraper – From Dave Naylor, so watch out for bad language on the landing page and don’t use it on the Sabbath.
- SpyFu – See organic rankings, related terms and estimated PPC cost.
- MSN AdCenter Forecaster – Another one built for PPC, but can be used for organic church terms.
- Apogee Meta Tag Collector – What are those other churches using in their meta keywords and descriptions tags? Even if the keyword tag has lost much of its value as far as search engines concerned, you can glean what the competition thinks is important. Links the results to Overture, Keyword Tracker and KeyWord Discovery.
Just remember that when you conduct competitive research through someone else’s servers, it’s not a secret.
So, which tools do you use? For example, Google’s Hot Trends wasn’t on the list…