In honor of opening day coming on the heels of Easter, here are the top 10 ways going to Mass imitates baseball.
Top 10 Ways Going to Church Imitates Baseball
10. Sometimes you stand and sing, other times you sit.
9. It can go into extra innings.
8. Hard to follow without a program.
7. Uncomfortable seats.
6. Sometimes you spend more than you want to.
5. Gotta know how to read the signs.
4. Come early to get good seats.
3. Long line for alcohol.
2. You’re preparing for post-season play.
And the number 1 way going to church imitates baseball…
1. If you screw up, you get sent down.
Good luck to your team this year, unless you’re a Yankee fan.
3 thoughts on “How Church Imitates Baseball”
I liked reading your blog and would love to offer you a free MLB Fathead JR wall pin up in exchange for a post. Email me back if you’re interested.
You make some very good points, and church is often now simple a spectator sport. As someone who leads worship and also teaches others to lead praise and worship in churches across the world (so feel free to check out my site), I feel that it is our job to change this so we experience community, no a baseball match
Long lines for alcohol indeed. What a handsome stadium that is. In fact, I think I recognize the team logo …
Keep up the good work.